You learn a ton from starting a company.
How about five?
We're looking for free thinking individuals who are highly self-motivated. We like self-starters who have worked on their own pet projects and can bring fresh energy and new insight to the team.
Our office is a hip and engaging space. We nurture our very friendly vibe with gourmet lunches every day, all-you-can-eat scooby snacks, and regular company drinks and events. Our Christmas parties have been legendary, with trips to Napa and Vegas amongst the more memorable. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, stock equity participation and the assurance of knowing that we are well funded. We're located in San Francisco's SOMA, near BART and Caltrain.
- Fewer than 20 employees
- Firsthand experience with what it takes to build successful technology companies
- Michael and Xochi are leaders in tech and have over ten years experience founding startups
- Comfortable work environment
- Whatever tools you need to do amazing work - software, hardware, supplies etc.
- Highly skilled team (we have coders skilled at design, and even the founder writes code)
- 401(k) and health, dental, and vision benefits
Enough about us, what about you? You should have at least 3 years real-world experience. You should be able to work in very small teams, in some cases you may be the only person working on a project and should be able to bring your product full life-cycle, from vision to release.
For all our engineering positions, you will need:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- 3+ years industry experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passion and drive to change the world
- Ability to work in very small teams
- Full stack skills
- Projects you've built from scratch and an ability to discuss their product and engineering aspects
- Ability work independently with minimal supervision
We're looking for our second iOS developer to help us develop all our projects. Initially you'll be working on BeerHunt and will need the following skills:
- Love making things "pop" on the front end and want to take ownership of the UI
- CoreAnimation? You can do that in your sleep
- Custom animation paths, custom easings, anything it takes to make the animations feel good
- OpenGL/Cocos2D experience, an understanding of where these become useful in an app
- Won't think twice about the media APIs
- Take pictures and videos, do overlays, understand what it takes to sit in that path
- Options for media filters, what are the approaches?
- Experienced with keeping an app running
- Structuring the code so that low memory warnings don't cause crashes
- Keep things working as people upgrade
- CoreData, including syncing to backends and migrations
- Familiar with AFNetworking (or similar) for backend communication
- Comfortable writing modular code within the Apple frameworks
- Used to the whole process of releasing an app
- Store submission
- Managing keys
- Build and test processes
We're looking for our lead Android engineer. You should have experience running and coding full life-cycle Android products
- Inside-out knowledge of the Android platform
- Good visual design sense and a creative drive
- Experience starting projects from scratch and jumping in to an existing architecture
- Up to date knowledge of new technology and development tools
- Experience with testing frameworks